Get the ultimate Kickapoo River Adventure...Rent Canoes. Rent Kayaks. Rent Tubes. And get a FREE ride back to your vehicle....
Open daily 8:30am to 6:00pm.
Discover how you can get the best Kickapoo River rental experience only with Kickapoo Wild Adventures…
Full-Service Rentals & More
Just look for this sign on HWY 131 (1 mile north of Ontario)…
- Rent canoes, kayaks & tubes to float down the Kickapoo River
- Get your equipment carried for you to the water (even your cooler from your vehicle upon request)
- Get assistance getting into your canoe, kayak or tube
And speaking of shuttle service…
Free & Quick Shuttle Service with Rental
- We pick you up and return you to the starting point once you’ve reached your destination
- Minimize your wait time. Pickups are typically within 20 minutes
- We’ve got 4 mini-buses dedicated to pick you up quickly
Want comfort? We got your back (literally)!
- Every canoe we rent comes with a manufacturer’s built-in backrest (don’t settle for those add-on contraptions)
- Backrest is guaranteed in every canoe rental (no waiting around for one to return)
- 84 new canoes for 2020
- All canoes are cleaned after every use
Here’s what kind of canoe you take down the Kickapoo when you rent from us..
Discovery 158 by Old Town Canoe and Kayak – For over 30 years the Discovery 158 has been one of our best selling canoes. If you’re looking for a tough and rugged canoe, the Discovery 158 is it! Our Three Layer construction is designed to take a beating. But, the Discovery 158 is also designed to perform well on the water. Agile, stable and easy to handle, the Discovery 158 is a nice choice for the outdoor enthusiast.
4.2 stars from Paddling.com
Call / text message pick up!
- Your rental is for the whole day – You decide how long you want to stay on the water
- Just call or text us when you are ready to get picked up and we’ll be there for you (if you don’t have a phone, we can make other arrangements for you)
- Note: We do require all rentals to be out of the water at 6 p.m.
Get your valuables protected for FREE…
- We offer a free key-check service so you don’t have to worry about losing your keys
- We provide free Ziplocs to keep your mobile devices dry
More river. More relaxing.
- Because we’re the first canoe, kayak, and tube rental shop at the top of the river, you get more time on the water
- Less people on the water as you begin your journey
- Our starting position gives you approximately 2 hours of tubing or 30 minutes of canoeing, before you start meeting up with other groups along the river
Quality Rental Equipment
- No expense spared on equipment. Top quality canoes, kayaks and tubes to give you the best river excursion
- We are meticulous about keeping our rental equipment in great working condition and appearance. We have staff on hand that cleans equipment after every use
- Life jackets included with every rental
Caretakers of the river
- We remove log jams, mow landings and voluntarily collect trash
- Our goal is to make sure you have fun, so we do what it takes to make that happen